Go Love Yourself
Sharon Podobnik Peterson, a certified coach and the founder of the self-care subscription box Go Love Yourself, partnered with This Naked Mind author, Annie Grace, to create a care package for anyone worried about their level of alcohol consumption.
“Each month we focus on a new aspect of self-care,” Sharon said. “This month, we’re shedding a mindful light on our drinking as well as providing yummy alternatives. We’re looking to change the way people think. Self-care isn’t selfish, and sober isn’t boring.”
The community is already bubbling with excitement over the theme and the Q&A session with Sharon and Annie. “I need this so much!” exclaimed one community member in the private facebook community. “I have always used alcohol to be more comfortable in social situations and I’m proud to report I went to a birthday party at a brewery this past weekend and didn’t have a single drink…I haven’t had a single ounce of alcohol in almost a month!”
A few words of advice from the experts:
- Make the unconscious conscious. Record thoughts, desires, feelings, physical and emotional anticipation, and reactions in a journal.
- Prepare. Will you get a mocktail and hide your non-drinking status? Will you have a reason ready for when someone asks?
- Gratitude and grace. You’re doing the best you can. Everyone is doing the best they can.
- Connect. Shame thrives in secrecy. It dies in connection. Reach out to a community, a coach, a confidante. You deserve to be seen and heard for who you are.
- Choose to belong. You are entitled to belong to yourself, no matter where you are.
To purchase the box, coaching, and community while supplies last, visit www.thegoloveyourselfbox.com.