Director, StepUP® Program
Augsburg College invites applications for the Director, StepUP® Program. The StepUP® Program at Augsburg College strives to help students champion lives of recovery, achieve academic success, and thrive in a community of accountability and support.
The Director, StepUP® Program is responsible for program development, administration, strategic planning and initiatives for the Augsburg College StepUP® Program, which supports students in recovery from alcohol and other drug addictions to stay in recovery and complete their college degree. The Director, StepUP® Program leads a team of dedicated professional Chemical Dependency Counselors committed to helping students sustain their recovery , achieve academic success, and reach a level of thriving as a community. In partnership with Enrollment Management, the Director coordinates recruitment and admissions to achieve enrollment goals, and with the Department of Residence Life, facilitates a supportive residential community of students in recovery. In addition, the Director, StepUP® Program will have oversight and management of all operational and capital resources.
- Facilitate creating a supportive residential community of students in recovery by developing and implementing program design and operations, including student peer mentors, as well as policies and procedures.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Implement on-going evaluation and assessment. Develop and implement new services and programs as needed.
- Coordinate recruitment and admissions with Enrollment Management staff, and assist Admissions in recruiting students by networking, visiting schools, and hosting campus visits.
- Budget oversight and management, including special project funds.
- On-going professional development in the field of recovery.
- Master’s degree required; degrees in Counseling or a related field are preferred
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in the state of Minnesota, required.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in management and employee supervision required.
- Three to five years’ (3-5) experience working with individuals in recovery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the 12-step program.
ABOUT AUGSBURG COLLEGE:
Augsburg offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and nine graduate degrees to approximately 3,500 students of diverse backgrounds. With a student/faculty ratio of 12:1, the college focuses on close personal interaction with faculty and experiential education opportunities on campus and in the community. An Augsburg education is defined by excellence in the liberal arts and professional studies, guided by the faith and values of the Lutheran church, and shaped by its urban and global settings.
StepUP® is the largest residential Collegiate Recovery community in the nation. Built on evidence-based and proven techniques that emphasize recovery based on stages of change and the abstinence model, our program outcomes of sustained recovery success and student academic success are shining examples of the commitment Augsburg College and the StepUP® Program Team have to students in recovery. StepUP® students fully engage in the college experience—they study abroad, play varsity athletics, serve on student government, engage in community service, conduct research and more; all led by experienced, passionate faculty, staff and licensed counselors.
For more information on StepUP® and Augsburg College, please visit our website at http://www.augsburg.edu/StepUP/