THE ASCAP FOUNDATION MARIANA & PAUL WILLIAMS “SUNLIGHT OF THE SPIRIT” AWARD PROCEDURES & REQUIREMENTS
The ASCAP Foundation “Sunlight of the Spirit” Award made possible by Mariana & Paul Williams
What: The cash award in the amount of $5,000 is presented, to full-time undergraduate or graduate student who is exemplary in recovery (a year of sobriety is required) and in music creativity.
Please Note: Awardees’ name will be publicly announced.
Who: The Award recipient must:
- Be active in recovery for at least one year;
- Be one or more of the following: songwriter, music composer, lyricist and/or musician;
- Be a university student in recovery (for at least a year) pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in 2018 (students enrolled in Spring 2018 are eligible);
- Be a United States citizen or hold a student Visa;
How: Applications from university students in recovery can be submitted for the Award in consultation with recovery program staff. Each candidate must submit:
- A completed ASCAP Foundation “Sunlight of the Spirit” Award Application Form which requires the approval and signature of a recovery program staff person;
- A statement about their recovery (up to one page);
- A statement about their love of music (up to one page);
- One .mp3 audio sample (song) of what they do musically and an accompanying lyric sheet, if applicable;
- NOTE: If a submitted work is co-written each writer must meet all criteria and each writer must submit their own application and required materials. In this case, the cash award would be divided evenly between the writers.
Where/When: Application packages which include the above materials must be emailed to:
Julie Lapore, Associate Director, The ASCAP Foundation (Jlapore@ascap.com).
All Application Packages Must Be Received No Later Than Friday October 1, 2018.
Contact: For information on receiving an application for The ASCAP Foundation
Mariana & Paul Williams “Sunlight of the Spirit” Award Application contact:
The ASCAP Foundation