25 Reasons to Stay on Recovery Road
With gratitude in mind, I asked some of my friends in recovery to help me put together the following words of inspiration to help you on your journey.
25 reasons to stay on Recovery Road
- You’re worth it.
- You matter.
- Your pain will become your strength.
- Your past will no longer define your future.
- You will learn self-respect for yourself and for others.
- You have the rest of your life to look forward to.
- You will learn how to process emotions in healthy ways.
- You get to rewrite your story.
- Your recovery will help others in your family to heal.
- Your family needs you.
- You have important work to do.
- You can create the life you want to live.
- Living life fully present is a gift – a present.
- No one can take you out of balance unless you allow it.
- Living your life in recovery helps destigmatize this disease.
- You can inspire others by sharing your story.
- Each day in recovery you are getting better and better.
- You are a walking miracle.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your dreams can become your reality.
- You will become a beacon of light and hope for those who are new to recovery.
- Life becomes a wonderful and fabulous adventure into the unknown.
- Recovery is fun.
- You will become your own best friend.
- You can become the person you were born to be.